You know how at an Episcopal Ordination, the three participating Bishops stand behind the ordinand? Do you know what they're doing? They're removing his spine.
Congratulations are in order for several Bishops who have managed, by the grace of God, either to avoid that part of the rite, or have managed to grow their spines back. One by one, or as is the case in Dallas/Fort Worth two, they have come out with statements about the need to vote like Catholics.
- Bishop Robert Finn of Kansas City/St Joseph MO
- Bishops Kevin Farrell (Dallas) and Kevin Vann (Fort Worth), TX
- Bishop Joseph Martino, of Scranton, PA
- Justin Cardinal Rigali and Bishop William Murphy, speaking as chairmen of the committees (USCCB) of pro-life activities, and Domestic Justice and Human Development, respectively, released this today.
- Bishop Robert Hermann, the Archdiocesan Administrator or St Louis
- Archbishop Charles Chaput, Denver, CO -- in a statement in which he speaks as a private citizen -- was able to remove the gloves.